Pros of Hosting Your Event Online
Let's be honest - virtual & hybrid events were born out of necessity. However, virtual events are not necessarily the ‘second-best choice’ for event planners. There are several key advantages associated with online events as we will show in the following paragraphs:
1. Adjustable: There are many ways to host virtual or teleconferencing events; you just need to be sure you have the right platform and tools at your disposal, and if you can imagine an event you can host in person, you can probably host it virtually.
2. Cost-effective: Venue hire can run in the tens of thousands of dollars just for one day, and that doesn’t even take into account the cost of food and drink, accommodation for speakers, and venue insurance. With virtual events, those costs are non-existent. All you have to pay for is the digital tools, promotion, and speakers.
3. Scalable: Most physical venues have a limit to the number of people allowed in, and then you have to take into account the cost of hosting thousands of people. Virtual events make it much easier to scale, meaning you can host more people for a fraction of the cost. This also means you can expand your reach and promote brand awareness.
4. Interactive: 30% of people are more likely to speak to a person in a virtual booth. Maybe that’s because people are scared to approach someone at an event or they just enjoy the anonymity. Either way, virtual events often offer tools such as polls, Q&A, quizzes, virtual photo booths and even a downloadable resources section so your attendees can fully engage with your content. If you utilize Stagecast at your virtual event, you can really ramp up the engagement.
5. Sustainability: The costs of hosting an in-person event aren’t only monetary, they are also environmental. U.S. residents made 463.6 million person‐trips for business purposes in 2018, with 38% for meetings and events. That’s more than 175 million trips to meetings and events alone. Virtual events take away the need for people to travel hundreds of miles to venues, and instead allow them to access your event from much closer to home, not only saving businesses money, but reducing the impact on the environment.
6. Resilient: Unlike physical events, virtual events are not disrupted by bad weather or pandemics. Attendees can participate in these events from anywhere, so obstacles that would ruin a physical event don't even come into play at virtual events.
7. Measurable: Virtual events can provide comprehensive analytics and data reports. Want to know how many people viewed a presentation? Or, want to find out how many questions were asked or how many quizzes were played? These are hard stats to gather from in-person sessions, but are at your finger-tips with online events and if you apply tools like Stagecast. Why is this important? Knowing your viewing stats or engagement scores can really help you fine tune your content and determine what’s working and what’s not without having to rely on a post-event survey that only 10% of attendees will actually fill out.
These are our top 7 key advantages of virtual events. Do you think we missed some points? Shoot us a message and let us know! If you have any questions about how to use Stagecast at your event, connect with someone on our team who can share best practices.
Did not find what you were looking for? We got many more articles in the Stagecast blog. Why don't you take a look around?